Emergency Plumbing Service       Phone: 0447 007 178

The dangers of Carbon Monoxide (CO) | Orbit Plumbing

The dangers of Carbon Monoxide (CO).

 

If you suspect that one of your gas appliances is leaking carbon monoxide please contact us to speak with an Orbit Plumber Mornington Peninsula.

Carbon Monoxide is an extremely dangerous gas. It is completely odorless, tasteless, colorless and at first non-irritating. It is extremely difficult for anyone to detect. You require a Carbon Monoxide detector that our Frankston Plumber can install to sense its presence correctly.

Our Mornington Plumber say’s Carbon Monoxide occurs when gas does not burn properly. It usually occurs when a heater does not have a sufficient supply of oxygen to burn the gas completely.

If you inhale to much Carbon Monoxide you will get Carbon Monoxide poisoning. When inhaled, the Carbon Monoxide absorbs into the blood stream and combines with hemoglobin to create carboxyhemoglobin in the blood. The carboxyhemoglobin stops the hemoglobin carrying oxygen to the bodies tissues reducing how much oxygen the blood can carry.

The effects of carbon monoxide poisoning can be reversed under medical supervision if death does not occur although this can be a long process.

A Mild case of carbon Monoxide poisoning will show symptoms:

Serious Cases of Carbon Monoxide poisoning include the following:

If you suspect someone is suffering the effects of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, you should call Emergency services on telephone number: 000 now.

If you suspect that your gas appliance may be leaking Carbon Monoxide call Orbit Plumbing Somerville now. 0447 007 178

Check out Orbit Plumbing Products Online now to view replacement heaters.

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.